Friday, March 28, 2008

Consignment Sales


One way to get nice clothing at great prices is buying at consignment sales. It's also a great way to earn a little money back on your own outgrown clothes.
One of the schools in our area has a yearly kids consignment sale. This is the second year and my second time participating. I'm really looking forward to it.
I will be volunteering to help for 2 hours. When you volunteer to help with the sale you get to shop the night before the public! I'm hoping to find some great deals this way.
Each seller was given a packet of tags, instructions and a seller number. I really like the packet. It gives all the information needed to participate in the sale.

First, I have gone through all my kids outgrown clothes and toys. We pulled out everything we don't need or want. Then, I sorted things that are ready to tag and clothes that need to be soaked in oxy solution.
I'm starting to fill out the price tags during TV time. At this rate it'll take awhile!
I will end up spending a couple hours when all is said and done, but I feel it is time well spent.

Check out more frugal ideas at Biblical Womanhood.

No comments: