Sunday, March 23, 2008

New Clothes on a Budget

We went to the Colorado Mills Mall on Friday to get some things for the kids. There were a few needs and then I made a little splurge purchase, too.

We went to The Children's Place and found racks and racks of markdown clearance stuff. Many things were $1.99, but not what we needed. I also had a 20% Off coupon from the Birthday Club. Here's what we did get.

3 pairs of tights
1 onsie
1 4T shirt
1 pair 4T jeans
2 pairs baby sunglasses
1 baby golf style hat---splurge

Regular prices added up to over $48
Total spent $30.23

Then we headed to Target to get a shirt for my oldest son. It was $5.39.

Our last stop was the Gymboree Outlet. Now, I never shopped there before a few months ago! I had been in a few times years ago and was blown away by the high prices. Well, it turns out that you can get some killer deals on the clearance racks, especially with a coupon. Unfortunately, they do not take coupons at the outlet store.
Okay, the Gymmies were not a killer deal, but my youngest needs new pajamas. We looked at several stores and the Internet before making the purchase. I will pick up a few more pair second hand next month.

1 pair Two-Piece Gymmies (reg. $19.50)
Total spent $8.63

More to come on how I keep the clothing budget down...

No comments: